Squid httpd_accel forwarding loop

From: Chris Ison <ceison@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 1999 00:45:14 +0000

hi, I have posted this question before but the person who replied didn't
believe the problem I was having was real.

ok first I have tried to set squid as a httpd_accel and as a proxy cache
with apache and squid being on the same box. But no matter what
configuration I tried it would always result in a fowarding loop no
matter who or where tried to access the webpages, even people just
visiting our site and didn't have us setup as a proxy. This occured
locally as well with bowser set to use the proxy and not to use the
proxy.

Apache was sitting on port 81, and in the effort to get squid to access
it, I had bound it to 127.0.0.1 and 203.41.94.193 (boxes local ip) at
different times.

now I tried squid with

httpd_accel_host virtual
# also tried localhost and ns.computers4all.com

httpd_accel_port 81
# as apache was sitting on that port

httpd_accel_with_proxy on

httpd_accel_uses_host_header on
# now I tried this with different settings of httpd_accel_host and also
commented out

can anyone please assist as I have a small link and feel that
httpd_accel will help but I also need the proxy to save bandwidth.

Also I cannot run squid or apache on another box seperate to each other
so a same box solutioon is needed please.

Thanx in advance
Chris Ison