Re: Cache Flow & wccp v2.0

From: <mbailey@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 1999 08:41:15 -0500 (EST)

I ould guess not. But we hav a cisco person lurking on the list so I am
sure he will respond :)

My guess is they purchased the rights to use wccp or reverse engineered
it. Most likely the former rather than the latter.

I can tell you from my experience. My stack of Cisco Cache Engines (550's)
out performs my 3 Cacheflow boxen with transparent proxy. The cacheflows
have their place but price/performance is still too high. I replaced the
9Gig drives shipped by Cisco with 18Gig drives and have external storage
on my boxes and they work absolute flawless. Of course I still use squid
to get my Sky Cache feed.

--matt

Matthew S. Bailey, President Journey Communications, Inc.
mbailey@journey.net PO Box 2003
(517) 779-2400 Mt. Pleasant, MI 48858

Inexpensive Wholesale Services for Michigan -- michix.com