Re: How ro restrict?

From: Kendall Lister <kendall@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 1999 10:15:35 +1100 (EST)

On 28 Dec 1999, Arslan Ghani wrote:

> I'm working for an ISP and I've been told by my senior that anyone can
> use our proxy server and thus choke our bandwidth by just putting the
> Proxy address ... How can I restrict the usage of proxy to our
> customers only.. What parameters should I change in squid.conf file

If you don't have a secure firewall that prevents this from happening, you
can use the 'http_access' directive (along with the appropriate ACLs for
your site) to prevent Squid from accepting requests from unwanted sites.

--
 Kendall Lister, Systems Operator for Charon I.S. - kendall@charon.net.au
  Charon Information Services - Friendly, Cheap Melbourne ISP: 9589 7781