Re: 17.8 Transparent Proxying with ACC Tigris digital access server

From: Clifton Royston <cliftonr@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 1999 23:30:08 -1000

On Thu, Dec 30, 1999 at 01:49:53PM +0000, Faisal Naseer wrote:
> 17.8 Transparent Proxying with ACC Tigris digital access server

Bear in mind, I've never used one of those - I'm just trying to figure
it out from the docs in the FAQ.

> I've been reading the following and have trying to add the following
> lines. But when is do the following, none of my users are able to log
> on? strange?
>
> Step 1 is to create filters that allow local traffic to pass. Add as
> many as needed for all of your address ranges.
>
> ADD PROFILE IP FILTER ENTRY local1 INPUT 10.0.3.0 255.255.255.0
> 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 NORMAL
> ADD PROFILE IP FILTER ENTRY local2 INPUT 10.0.4.0 255.255.255.0
> 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 NORMAL
>
> ****> Question ! is local1 my proxy server name? then what is local2 ¿

No! The important thing is that you need to create one of these lines
for each IP network you have for your users. E.g. if you had a class C
of x.y.z.0, you would substitute that for the 10.0.3.0 above.
  -- Clifton

--
 Clifton Royston  --  LavaNet Systems Architect --  cliftonr@lava.net
        "An absolute monarch would be absolutely wise and good.