Re: updating using RPM on RedHat

From: Steve Snyder <swsnyder@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 03 Jan 2000 10:52:25 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 3 Jan 2000 09:49:12 -0500, josh@saratoga.lib.ny.us wrote:

>If I upgrade using RPM will everything in my /etc/squid/squid.conf
>be preserved and continue to be used or do I have to back things up
>and then restore them? Has anyone set up a script to use the rpmfind
>program to automatically check for an update? When I ran rpmfind it
>found STABLE4, but it didn't find STABLE5. Is there an official RPM
>site for the latest release?

My recollection is that it preserved my existing squid.conf, but if
you're worried, just copy that file to another name before installing
the updated RPM.

Here's a sorta-kinda official source RPM:

  ftp.redhat.com/pub/rawhide/SRPMS/SRPMS/squid-2.2.STABLE5-3.src.rpm

Binaries built from the above source RPM are working great for me on
my RedHat v6.0 system.

*** Steve Snyder ***