Re: Store-Dir question

From: Duane Wessels <wessels@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2000 10:50:08 -0700

On Mon, 3 Jan 2000, Jan Van Ham wrote:

> Hi,
>
> My 2.2.STABLE5 has 2 cachingvolumes (/proxycache1 and /proxycache2)
>
> /proxycache1 = 5GB
> /proxycache2 = 15GB
>

> Now I was running SQUID with only 1 store on /proxycache1 and it was running full (only 23% left) when I decided to 'activate' the second cache-store....
>
> So, adding the statement in squid.conf and did a squid -z went fine but .... (now comes the question) : The Cachemanager said that STORE2 (/proxycache2) is now SELECTED and starts filling this one up ... why not first fill up the first created store until this one is full ???
>
> Is this normal or shouldn't I just don't care !!??

Both :-)

It is normal. Squid tries to keep the percent of free space
equal on all cache_dir's. So when you add an empty one, Squid
puts all the new files on that one. It would be different if you started
with three volumes and then added a fourth -- then some of the full ones
would get new files too.

Duane W.