Help on squid + cisco

From: Juan Carlos Jaramillo G. <cfc_jcjg@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 2 Jan 2000 22:02:13 -0500 (GMT)

Hello,

I am new with firewalls and proxy, but have the same situation described
about "Transparent proxying with LINUX 2.0.29 and CISCO IOS 11.1 ".

I have a Cisco and a squid proxy running on Conectiva Linux 4.0 Server Edition.

I use the following configuration:
LAN is 128.4.0.0
Linux Server: 128.4.0.157
Cisco Router: 128.4.0.9

Also, i have ISDN (or RDSI) lines connected to BRI ports in my Cisco.

Does it mean i can configure "Transparent Proxing" without modifying
browsers on my users'PC?

Can a user launch the browser and gain access to the Web, by way of
Squid+Cisco+RDSI line?

How can i do this?

Thanks in advance,

Juan Carlos Jaramillo