Re: make sure all StoreEntry created in the memory adds up to LRU list

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 05 Jan 2000 02:39:50 +0100

Ramesh Veemaraj wrote:

> i want to know whether each StoreEntry is taken in the LRU list

Yes, except that the StoreEntry does not contain the URL, only a MD5
fingerprint of it.

Each time a StoreEntry is accessed it is moved to the head of the LRU
list.

The only known exception is a bug in Squid-2.2 (possibly earlier
versions as well) where certain StoreEntries are forgotten during a
cache rebuild process. I don't think those forgotten StoreEntries is on
the LRU list. Patch available from my Squid page.

--
Henrik Nordstrom
http://hem.passagen.se/hno/squid/