Re: hierarchy problems

From: Gergely Madarasz <gorgo@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 05 Jan 2000 12:52:14 +0100 (MET)

On Wed, 22 Dec 1999, Henrik Nordstrom wrote:

> Gergely Madarasz wrote:
>
> > My question is: can I somehow force url retreival thru parents iff there
> > are parents alive, and only go directly if there are no parents alive ?
> > There is a proxy which has two parents, and I'd like it to divide the
> > traffic between the two...
>
> Try
> prefer_direct off.

Thanks, this seems to be useful. Now I still have some problems though...
The ICP to the parents sometimes goes down, I don't know why. The network
connection is ok. And if the ICP is ok, my cache only accesses the first
parent listed in the config file. Now i've put no-query roundrobin to the
parent options, this way the traffic is really divided, but when one of
the parents fail (unreachable, etc), it goes to direct. Can't this be
somehow made to go to the other parent first?

--
Madarasz Gergely           gorgo@sztaki.hu           gorgo@linux.rulez.org
                   HuLUG: http://mlf.linux.rulez.org/