Re: Script Result incomplete

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 06 Jan 2000 18:48:30 +0100

Adalto S. Correia Filho wrote:

> So, is there a way to disable this featur and make squid ignore
> the Content-Lenght value? If so, we can do it for an specific acl?

Not besides yelling at the site operator to fix the service to be HTTP
compliant.

But before you do, you should verify that this is indeed a server error:

Step 1: Identify the failing URL

Step 2: Make a raw download of the server response for that URL
/usr/local/squid/bin/client -h <origin.server.name> -p <port>
/path/to/object >response.out

Step 3: Verify that the response makes sense, and does contain the
response you want to analyze and not another error (like 404 not found).

Step 4: Verify that the response complies to HTTP. If you are unsure how
then send me the file and I will do it for you.

Due to limited time and network connectivity I cannot perform steps 1-3.

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Squid hacker