Re: Access denied (RH 6.1 + 2.2 STABLE4)

From: Kendall Lister <kendall@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2000 11:44:47 +1100 (EST)

On Fri, 7 Jan 2000, Lars [iso-8859-1] Holmström wrote:

> I installed squid 2.2STABLE4 on my RedHat 6.1 Intel system (a P100 with
> 32 Mb RAM). I changed the http_port to 8080 and I can not get the squid
> proxy my requests. This is the error message I receive:
> ----------
> * Access Denied.
>
> acl flynet src 172.24.0.0/255.255.0.0
>
> #Default configuration:
> http_access allow manager localhost
> http_access deny manager
> http_access deny !Safe_ports
> http_access deny CONNECT !SSL_ports
>
> http_access deny !flynet
>
> http_access allow localhost
> #http_access deny all

I think your problem lies here:

> # If none of the "access" lines cause a match, the default is the
> # opposite of the last line in the list. If the last line was
> # deny, then the default is allow. Conversely, if the last line
> # is allow, the default will be deny.

With your configuration, requests from outside flynet will be rejected,
then requests from localhost will be accepted, then all others (i.e.
requests from flynet) will be rejected.

You should instead try:

http_access allow localhost
http_access allow flynet
http_access deny all

This last line is unnecessary, but it nevers hurts to explicitly state
something rather than implicitly assuming it.

--
 Kendall Lister, Systems Operator for Charon I.S. - kendall@charon.net.au
  Charon Information Services - Friendly, Cheap Melbourne ISP: 9589 7781