Squid and Antivirus Program - Updating Patten File

From: M.NOURA$B!? <noura@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2000 16:16:21 +0900

Hi there,

I use an antivirus program, can update a virus pattern file
(>>it's binary) using FTP via squid proxy.
But it seems not to change mode ascii to binary in FTP session,
so, updating in fault.

I try to chenge squid FTP proxy defult mode to binary ,
configuration mime.conf ;
defult "." text/plane to application/octet-stream,
but can't change default mode "binary" in FTP session.

>>. application/octet-stream anthony-unknown.gif - image

Please tell me how to change default mode from ascii to binary.

(Squid-2.1 patch2 runs on Cobalt Linux release 6.9)

Thanks.

D.Nora