Pb with redirectors and 302 HTTP reply

From: <lists@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2000 12:18:52 +0100

Hi all,

I created a redirector that works well except for one thing:
Depending on users identity and on the status of my ISDN line I either
allow a URL to go through as is (just return an empty string) or I
redirect to another temporary URL (return 302: followed by the new URL)
asking for a login/passwd for instance (I know there are other
authentication methods but that's the way I want it to go). Tracing the
redirector program I can see that it does what it's intended to do but
the strange thing is if the original requested URL exist in cache, it
doesn't fetch the 302-ed URL but it returns the original cached pages.
In the logs I can see all pages elements fetched but in my redirector
logs a 302-ed url is returned for each. As far as I know it's not
browser cache related because I purged the cache, fetched a new page
from one computer and tried on a second that never fetched that page,
and anyway as I get logs from my redirector the browser cache shouldn't
be used here...
Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

--Gildas Quiniou.

--
| Systèmes & Technologies     | Tél:     +33 2 96438787     |