What's the advantage in v2.3 internet dnsserver?

From: Steve Snyder <swsnyder@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2000 09:03:13 -0500 (EST)

I'm a little confused about one (well, ok, several) new feature in
Squid v2.3STABLE1: the internal DNS resolver.

In v2.2STABLEx it was said that having multiple dnsserver children
running was a win because several lookups could be done concurrently.
What, then, is the rationale behind the integration of this service
into the parent Squid program?

(Yes, I've read the Squid v2.3 changes page. It lists what was
changed, but not *why* the changes were made or the ramifications of
a given change.)

Thank you.

*** Steve Snyder ***