Re: persistent forwarding loop

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2000 01:03:35 +0100

I see three alternatives:

a) The parent hasn't generated it's digest yet

b) There is a naming error, either in the cache_peer line on the
child/sibling, or the parents visible_hostname.

c) The parents primary http port isn't 3128. The primary http port is
the first http_port entry in squid.conf.

From looking at the request, (b) seems most likely. It looks like you
have configured the child/sibling cache using the IP address of the
parent in the cache_peer line.

Configuration options:

a) Configure the sibling/child cache using the parents visible_hostname
as the peer name in cache_peer.

b) Add the IP address as an known alias in the parents squid.conf
(hostname_aliases).

c) It may work if you add a always_direct entry forcing the
sibling/child cache to go direct to the parent as a web server when
fetching internal objects from it.

/Henrik