Re: Java + VB

From: Tilman Schmidt <Tilman.Schmidt@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2000 14:08:04 +0100

At 00:55 13.01.00 +0200, Hillel Bilman wrote:
>Has anyone got Java Applets, Javascript, Vbscript to work via squid?

Yes, here, no problem.

>If they have what have you put in squid.conf to get it working?

Nothing at all. It worked out of the box.

Now if I should have a guess at what your problem really is, I'd guess
you are trying to run a Java applet which wants to connect to its home
server, and there is a firewall between you and the server blocking
that connection. But that is a problem of your firewall. It has nothing
to do with Squid. Squid can only help you if the connection the applet
is trying to make is an HTTP connection. But that also works all by
itself, provided the browser's Java engine uses the browser's proxy
settings. Nothing can or has to be configured in Squid for that, either.

--
Tilman Schmidt          E-Mail: Tilman.Schmidt@sema.de (office)
Sema Group Koeln, Germany       tilman@schmidt.bn.uunet.de (private)