Re: persistent forwarding loop

From: Matija Grabnar <matija.grabnar@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2000 10:56:10 +0100

> The way to fix it with 2.3 is to add other known hostnames to
> the hostname_aliases option in squid.conf.
I don't dare put 2.3 on my parent cache (which a production cache) until
I've tested it througly. This came up as part of the testing.

More news about my digest problem: while restarting the cache, I suddenly
saw this go by in cache.log:
2000/01/14 10:42:38| Local cache digest is 'off'

Now, I could have sworn that I have cache compiled with --enable-digest.
But just in case, I recompiled and reinstalled, and it didn't help.
I didn't see any commands in 2.2.S5 squid.conf that would control local cache
digest. I tried copying commands presend in 2.3.S1 squid.conf
(digest_generation), but 2.2.S5 says they are not recognized.

So I guess the problem _realy_ is that my parent doesn't generate digests,
but I still can't figure out, WHY NOT?

--
"My name is Not Important. Not to friends.
    But you can call me mr. Important"  - Not J. Important