Re: Determine which nameservers are used by Squid?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2000 23:29:09 +0100

Steve Snyder wrote:

> Is there a way I can determine the frequency with which Squid called
> each of the nameservers? Is there a way to determine how responsive
> each nameserver was?

No. Squid 2.2 wouldn't know. The DNS resolver is several layers away
from Squid in 2.2.STABLE, and Squid have absolutely no clue on what DNS
server was actually used.

Adding such statisctics should be possible in Squid-2.3 if it isn't
already. In squid-2.3 has direct control of DNS resolution.

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Squid hacker