Re: Can I set squid as News Proxy?

From: Kendall Lister <kendall@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2000 12:58:57 +1100 (EST)

On Mon, 17 Jan 2000, Hai Xu wrote:

> I have set squid cache for ftp,http. I want to use it as a proxy for
> News. It seems the squid couldn't do it. Is it right?

I think you'll find that you aren't actually using Squid as an FTP proxy -
you are instead telling your browsers to send FTP URLs as HTTP requests to
Squid.

Likewise, Squid does not proxy or cache NNTP - look for nntpcache instead.

--
 Kendall Lister, Systems Operator for Charon I.S. - kendall@charon.net.au
  Charon Information Services - Friendly, Cheap Melbourne ISP: 9589 7781