cache going into Stat D

From: David Casamento <dcas@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2000 17:07:50 +1100

Hello,

I have been getting this problem in my cache for the past few days, squid
runs ok for about 20 minutes, then lapses into a STAT D (unrecoverable
sleep) mode. From there it is either extremely slow, or it doesnt work at
all. It can not be killed and the system must be rebooted. If I leave it up
in the stat d tho, its two siblings start to go up and down every 5-10 mins,
one will go down then the other.

It was originally running 2.2stable 4, I have tried stable 5 on it, same
problem, and have just installed 2.3stable 1 and the problem it still there.
I have also changed the half_closed_clients setting to off in the conf file,
as was suggested by one previous posting about this problem, this also did
nothing.

Your help will be greatly appricated.

Thanks in Advance,

David Casamento