Requests processed slowly

From: Matthew Geddes <mgeddes@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2000 14:11:41 +1030

Hi guys,

I am running squid 2.2 Stable5 on RedHat 5.2. I am told by Netscape and
wget that I am getting between 3 and 7 KB/s. This is fine over ISDN, but
when accessing the local network, it's the same. Without going through
the proxy, it's a couple of hundred KB/s. I would rather not have to go
and change the settings on each workstation if possible. The reason we
have the entire local LAN get stuff from our local cache, is because the
proxy server has the biggest balls by far and can cope with the load the
best.

Thanks in advance,

Matt