Re: Authentication + IP checking

From: visolve cache <visolve_cache@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2000 21:00:06 -0800 (PST)

Hi,
  You can do passwd authentication combining with IP
Address.
In your squid.conf file, you can have like this

acl john proxy_auth joh
acl mary proxy_auth mar
acl ipjohn src 172.16.1.33
acl ipmary src 172.16.1.35

http_access allow john ipjohn
http_access allow mary ipmary
#http_access allow all

This limits the users to login ONLY from their
machines (only on their IP adresses)
Mary acnnot able to use her username/password in
John's machine and vice-versa.

regards
visolve cache
visolve.com