Re: dns_nameservers

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2000 00:11:07 +0100

Juan Carlos Sanchez Hernandez wrote:

> If I use in my squid.conf the option dns_nameservers to not to use
> resolv.conf.

Thats the intention. However Squid-2.3.STABLE1 ignores dns_nameservers
if using the internal DNS resolver. Patch exists for this.

> The order I add addresses for dns_nameserves is the order squid will use
> to ask servers for resolving names?

If the external dnsserver is used (or the internal dns resolver is
patched), then specifying dns_nameservers is technically the same as
having them specified in that order in resolv.conf.

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Squid hacker