Re: Script Result incomplete

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2000 23:12:39 +0100

Adalto S. Correia Filho wrote:

> So, I've downloaded 2.3 STABLE1 and installed in a Red Hat
> machine. The access to the script works perfectly. I've done the same
> thing (same configure parameters, same .conf) in a AIX box, and the
> problem appeared again.

Sounds like an OS or compiler problem.

Try disabling all optimizations in the compiler

env CFLAGS="-g" ./configure ...
make clean
make install

> The compilation in AIX shows some warnings but goes to the end.

What kind of warnings?

Most warnings are harmless, others are lethal. It all depends on the
warning and context.

> Should I try installing another version of GCC in AIX?

You could try. Especially so if you have upgraded or in some cases
patched AIX since the GCC compiler was built. But it could also be a
problem with AIX and not the compiler.

> It's interesting because the access to all other sites work perfectly.

Odd.

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Squid hacker