Re: acl and word incidences

From: Clifton Royston <cliftonr@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2000 10:20:54 -1000

On Fri, Jan 21, 2000 at 11:48:34AM +0800, Ronald Warner wrote:
> Right now we maintain two lists used for filtering "unwanted"
> sites. One is checked against the URL of the site The other is
> checked against the contents of the web pages themselves. The
> latter list is maintained as a safety net for all other sites we would
> miss since we really can't maintain the former list fast enough.

I don't think there's any way squid can do this; I don't know how
you're doing it now. ACLs have to be checked before deciding about
retrieving the data for the URL, whereas what you're describing is a
decision which can only be made after the content has been retrieved.

  -- Clifton

--
 Clifton Royston  --  LavaNet Systems Architect --  cliftonr@lava.net
        "An absolute monarch would be absolutely wise and good.