I can not config outlook express to use squid proxy

From: squid <liao@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2000 11:47:12 -0500

Hi.

I install the squid on RedHat linux 6.0, so my win98 can share the
internet connection very well.

But when I try to use outlook express(Netscape Messenger as well) to
send or recieve email under win98, they didn't work. "Unable to connect
to server(TCP Error: No route or host)" was reported.

Another problem is, when I try to use FTP command under win98, such as:
open eden.rutgers.edu
I got:
connect:10065
There are no connection established.