Re: fwdDispatch

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2000 20:08:30 +0100

Merton Campbell Crockett wrote:

> This must be a problem with specific versions of Netscape Navigator and
> Communicator. Version 4.7 has no problems with both the Security and HTTP
> entries set to the same server. Nor was it a problem with version 4.6.

Netscape claims they have fixed the bug, but I do not know in which
versions.

The problem appears if you make a transition from http to https while
there are a persistent connection open to the proxy (or in some rare
cases http server, i.e. if the http and https server shares the same
port). In that case the buggy versions sends the https request
unencrypted on the already opened TCP connection.

An of course Squid complains loudly, as it does not know how to
forward/gateway a http request to https.

--
Henrik Nordstrom