Re: Re: Squid/Cisco trans proxy

From: <hohum@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2000 17:27:36 -0500

Thanks Henrik,

Did you see my later message? I have completed a tcpdump & found out that what is happening is that the router is sending an ICMP redirect to the client to go to our proxy & the proxy is sending an ICMP redirect to the client to go to our router - it gets caught in a loop & goes nowhere.

Yes, if the client specifies using a proxy (cascading or not) it works.

Path MTU discovery is on on my Linux box but as per above, I dodn't think this is the problem.

In Linux, I have tried:

echo 0 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/conf/eth0/send_redirects

with no effect. I have also tried ...conf/all/send_redirects with no effect.

The way I read this is that Redhat Linux is telling the remote router - 'hey, go to the source' whilst I want it to say 'ah, a www packet - I'd better grab that!

Why do I seem to be the only one having this problem? Have I missed something perhaps?

Cheers,
Marc