RE: WCCP with 2.3Stable1 & Cisco

From: Glenn Chisholm <glenn@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2000 11:56:57 -0700 (MST)

> I have just downloaded kernel 2.2.14, re-applied the patch to ip_gre.c,
> re-compiled it...
>
> On reboot, modprobe ip_gre
> (no error)
> did the iptunnel and the ifconfig command... (no error), and I get exactly
> the same output..
>
> What am I doing wrong?

        Ok, so you are not using the WCCP specific module. You are using
the the linux GRE module. It is designed for any GRE encapsulated packet.
The module I wrote is an ugly hack to allow only WCCP packets.

> Oh ya, by the way, I do see the packets coming in from the router with
> tcpdump (gre-encap)

        So none of these packets are reaching Squid? It sounds like the
packets are getting to your box and getting to the gre1 interface. Have
you configured ipchains?

glenn