Help with authenticate_ttl

From: BJ Peterson <bj.peterson@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2000 00:00:23 -0700

hello,

I have successfully been able to get squid to authenticate users. My
problem is this. I am not sure how the authenticate_ttl feature works.
I need to have the users login to access the internet, but if they are
inactive for 30 minutes, I want them to have to re-authenticate. I set
the following command in the squid.conf file:

authenticate_ttl 1800

But, after I let my browser set for 30+ minutes, I am still able to surf
without any re-authentication. Could someone please give some insight
on how to make this work and maybe help me understand how the
authenticate_ttl works.

TIA,

Byron Peterson