Re: no_cache tag..

From: Clifton Royston <cliftonr@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2000 16:17:06 -1000

On Tue, Feb 01, 2000 at 12:23:19PM +1100, Marc-Adrian Napoli wrote:
> acl MSN dst fdl.msn.com
> acl QUERY urlpath_regex cgi \?
> no_cache deny QUERY
> no_cache deny MSN
>
> How do i put an acl to block caching for a certain IP block?
>
> Will
>
> acl HOME dst 203.17.36.0/255.255.255.0
> no_cache deny HOME
>
> work?

  As far as I can tell, this is working fine here.

  I've listed all our network blocks in a dst ACL, and then use it with
both always_direct (so it will ignore any cache hierarchy or peer and
hit the local server directly) and no_cache (so it won't populate the
cache disk with it.) To be safe, I am also using a dst_domain rule for
the domains hosted here, to make sure that if the name hasn't been
resolved to an IP yet, Squid will still refrain from caching it or
feeding it up the hierarchy.

  -- Clifton

--
 Clifton Royston  --  LavaNet Systems Architect --  cliftonr@lava.net
        "An absolute monarch would be absolutely wise and good.