Re: address translation using squid

From: cougar <cougar@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2000 15:08:24 +1100 (EST)

On Tue, 1 Feb 2000, Rajesh Bandar wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is there a way to do address translation using squid proxy. At the moment we are
> doing address translation using checkpoint firewall. Someone told me that it can
> be done using squid. Would someone give me some info on this.

Rajesh

NAT is not a function of Squid, although you can run Squid on a NAT
gateway. Most flavours of UN*X will do NAT successfully with the right
hacks ...

I suggest you start your search with a little familiarisation exercise,
beginning with:

  http://www.linas.org/linux/load.html

Good Luck and Good Fun!

J.

                     _______
| John V Cougar __ Big | Voice: 61 2 6208 1683 |
| Telstra Internet \/_/ \ Direct | E-Mail: cougar@telstra.net |