Re: address translation using squid

From: Scott Hess <scott@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2000 10:40:04 -0800

"Rajesh Bandar" <rajesh@ilanet.slnsw.gov.au> wrote:
> Is there a way to do address translation using squid proxy. At the moment
we are
> doing address translation using checkpoint firewall. Someone told me that
it can
> be done using squid. Would someone give me some info on this.

Well, being a proxy, Squid can sit on a box which has two IP addresses, one
to the Internet, one to the private LAN. It can receive requests on the
LAN side and fulfill them using requests on the Internet side. But that's
not really address translation (though if all you need is browser access,
then Squid is all you need).

Later,
scott