Re: Proxy Authentication

From: Wayne Bastow <wbastow@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 04 Feb 2000 11:37:58 +1100

Simon Bryan wrote:

> While our network and school are finishing being rebuilt I would like to setup
> proxy authentication on Squid. I have read the FAQ and followed the link to
> 'Arjans Page', have downloaded the Apache Passwd program, but need
> some clarification.
>
> I see how the squid.conf file has to be modified. So far so good.
>
> The FAQ says to point it at the NCSA authenticator which can be found in
> 'auth_modules/NCSA directory. ' Where is that?

It should be in the source for Squid ( if you have downloaded it).

> Do I just use the Apche program to generate a passwd file or could I use the
> existing passwd/shadow file?

Try using htpasswd to create a separate file. Then in your squid.conf
set the authenticate_program line to include the name of the password
file.

--
Wayne Bastow - DBA - Central Coast Health Phone: 61 2 43203231
Email: wbastowATccahsDOThealthDOTnswDOTgovDOTau