Re: cache_peer configuration

From: Kendall Lister <kendall@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2000 19:05:22 +1100 (EST)

On Thu, 3 Feb 2000, Alexandre Hautequest wrote:

> I'm having some troubles trying to set up one of our proxies as a
> client/server proxy. It forward requests to my "parents", but i
> couldn't make it as a parent to my other proxyies. What config part i
> should change?

One doesn't really configure a Squid proxy to be a parent - instead, you
just point your child proxies at the intended parent proxy. You may have
to tell your parent to accept communications from its parent; however,
whilst I've never set up a parent cache, the default config file seems set
up to handle children. I'm sure someone more experienced will point out
anything I may have overlooked.

--
 Kendall Lister, Systems Operator for Charon I.S. - kendall@charon.net.au
  Charon Information Services - Friendly, Cheap Melbourne ISP: 9589 7781