Re: jesred GET requirement

From: Eugene Miretskiy <eugene@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 04 Feb 2000 10:09:09 -0500

I still do not understand this requrement. squid can handle posts, can't it?

jesreds job is to rewrite the url, why should it care about the request method?

As a matter of fact, this simple change to rewrite.c in jesred makes it
recognize
post.
110c110
< if( strcmp(*method, "GET") )

---
>     if( !(strcmp(*method, "GET") || strcmp(*method, "POST")))
111a112

Can somebody please explain to me why is there a compelling reason to require
GET method?
Thank you.