Re: Hello, I'm a newbie, I would like to know how ...?

From: Kendall Lister <kendall@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 5 Feb 2000 06:28:04 +1100 (EST)

On Fri, 4 Feb 2000, THELLIER, Francis wrote:

> I have squid2.1 patch 2

You might want to consider upgrading - 2.1 is now two major versions old.

> where is switched the cache.log ? I would like to find former
> cache.log cache.log and access.log are new every day , where are the
> formers ?

Have you turned on log rotation in your squid.conf? Look for
logfile_rotate.

If not, is it possible that your system is rotating the logs for you
regardless of your Squid settings? You might need to check your cron jobs,
and any other daemons running. If you tell us which distribution you're
running, someone might know something specific about it.

--
 Kendall Lister, Systems Operator for Charon I.S. - kendall@charon.net.au
  Charon Information Services - Friendly, Cheap Melbourne ISP: 9589 7781