Re: Premature download completion

From: Roger Boussen <R.Boussen@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2000 09:19:05 +0100

On 7 Feb 00, at 19:52, Henrik Nordstrom wrote:

> Thiem, Robert wrote:
>
> > Large files seem to (inconsistently) be cut off at 7-10 or so MB. I suspect
> > that this may be some problem with the upstream proxy (which I believe is a
> > Gauntlet firewall), but thought I'd ask if anyone else has had problems like
> > this.
>
> It may be a upper limit on connection lifetime imposed somewhere. Check
> if the cutoff point is more consistent in time (i.e. after X minutes).

We are also using Squid and a Gauntlet and have the same problem.
The maximum size has grown after upgrading our line so I think it is a
time problem.
And I can't find any time parameter in Squid with a timeout for the
client from about 15 minutes. A strange behaviour also is that the
"download" windows in Internet Explorer 4 appears after the Proxy
server has the whole file in cache.
> As far as I know the default Squid configration uses a lifetime timeout
> of 1 day.
Yep, client_lifetime is one day

> --
> Henrik Nordstrom