Re: Regular proxying works but Transparent proxying times out

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 08 Feb 2000 12:35:50 +0100

Richi Plana wrote:

> I'll try this and see if it works. Should it be just ICMP "Host
> unreachables" that should be redirected?

The "destination unreachable" family, more specifically the "must
fragment" messages.

If possible all ICMP messages resulting from TCP traffic being sent by
the proxy to the client (source port 80) should be redirected to the
proxy server. But I am not sure if Cisco has policy routing which allows
this deep inspection into the ICMP packets..

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Squid hacker