Huge number of TCP_MISS's

From: TAM,MARCUS (HP-Boise,ex1) <marcus_tam@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2000 14:33:08 -0700

Hello,

I am running Squid 2.3S1 on RedHat 6.1 as a reverse proxy server for a web
server on the same subnet. It is set up as a standalone httpd accelerator,
i.e. no parents, no children, no siblings. It seems like it is caching
objects since the cache directory keeps growing. But access.log shows a
huge number of TCP_MISS even for static objects like JPG and GIF files. The
hit ratio can be as low as 2%. "No_cache" is turned for only cgi-bin and ?.
I have not found any messages from other logs.

Has anyone encountered this behavior before? Any ideas on what it's doing?

Regards,
Marcus