Re: Forced caching of cgi-gifs

From: Alessio Sangalli <manoweb@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 08 Feb 2000 22:36:35 +0100

At 10.11 08/02/00 -1000, Clifton Royston wrote:

># exact syntax on this may be wrong...
>acl QUERY urlpath cgi ?
>no_cache deny QUERY
>
>This forces all output from cgi's to be non-cacheable; normally this is
>the safest behavior.

ok, I could imagine why.

>What you need to do is add some patterns which will match the content
>from the bogus sites, and then use that to exclude those from the
>no_cache case, like this:
>
>acl BOGUSSITE dst_domain .bogussite.com
>acl GIFS url
># Now exclude and make cacheable all URLs ending in GIF from site...
>no_cache allow BOGUSSITE QUERY GIFS
># ... before the default case
>no_cache deny QUERY

umh... it doesn't work, or (likely) I haven't understood very well.

The domain is

"centrohl.it"

and the gifs are identified with a "gif?" substring in the URL.

is the following correct?

acl CENTROHL dst_domain .centrohl.it
acl GIF url gif?
no_cache allow CENTROHL GIF

Where is the mistake?

>If you have to do it based on the mime type returned, and can't infer
>it from the URL, then I'm not sure it's straightforward.

Using mime type would be better, but I found out that there is a much
simpler way in the url of the image...!

Best regards
Alessio Sangalli