anonymizer question - fake_user_agent

From: Constantine Karbaliotis <constantine.k@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2000 06:18:27 -0500

Previously on this list, it was asked if there was a solution to the problem that
some sites rejected users because the site looked for a user agent, and the bogus
one set in squid.conf was not accepted. I didn't find an answer in the list, or
after searching on the web.

I have that happening; the sites I see this happening on are saying either that my
browser does not accept cookies (or they are turned off) or that my browser
doesn't support frames. Initially, I had the Nutscrape/1.0 (CP/M; 8-bit) as the
faske_user_agent, because that is the one humorously suggested in squid.conf; I
tried some others when this problem arose, such as Mozilla/4.7 [en] (MYOB;
32-bit), without success.

Does anyone have a resolution to this; I don't want to back down to "standard"
from "paranoid" (running squid 2.1). I know cookies have their own issues, but I'd
prefer to deal with that separately.