Re: Hard disk capacity require & Install with CheckPoint FW

From: Kendall Lister <kendall@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2000 16:29:39 +1100 (EST)

On Wed, 9 Feb 2000, la lb wrote:

> (1) How much the hard disk capacity is required for 50 user

Rather than thinking in terms of how many users will be using the proxy,
think of the daily traffic requirements, and then figure on wanting to
store between 3 and 14 days worth of traffic. For example, we transfer
approximately 200 Mb per day through our proxy, and so we have a cache of
1.5 Gb, giving our objects a life of about a week (this is generally born
out in our reported LRU values).

> (2) Is there any problem install Squid with CheckPoint FW-1 on the
> same sun Solaris machine?

Sorry, can't help you there.

--
 Kendall Lister, Systems Operator for Charon I.S. - kendall@charon.net.au
  Charon Information Services - Friendly, Cheap Melbourne ISP: 9589 7781