Re: how to start squid automatically with user squid

From: Brett Lymn <blymn@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2000 12:26:46 +1030 (CST)

According to Adam Rice:

>ln /etc/init.d/squid /etc/rc3.d/S90squid
>ln /etc/init.d/squid /etc/rc2.d/K90squid
>
>to specify at what point in the startup sequence the squid program is
>run.

Just a small note on this, though in this instance this will work OK,
my experience has been that it is a bad idea to name the kill script
with exactly the same name as what you are killing. A lot of the kill
scripts use a shell function called killproc - if you have the script
having the same name as what you are killing then the shutdown script
gets toasted possibly before it's job is done. Like I said, this is
not a problem in this instance but I would suggest:

ln /etc/init.d/squid /etc/rc3.d/S90Squid
ln /etc/init.d/squid /etc/rc2.d/K90Squid

Just so you get into the habit :-)