Squid Real Behavior (Sorry for previous blank post)

From: Manfield <zagueiro@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2000 16:26:33 est

Hello,

I went through all FAQs and the searchable messages archive, but I
couldn't find a real explanation about this issue. Since squid-dev in
a closed list, pehaps someone knows the answer here.

I would like to know the REAL Squid behavior when serving objects to
ordinary users. Suppose an user that requests a GIF (say test.gif) via
Squid. Like that:

User = GET http://www.whatever.com/test.gif ==> Squid ==> Internet

1) Squid will start getting the file from the Internet as fast as it
can, saving it in memory/disk. In the meanwhile, another process will
read this file from memory/disk and will deploy it to the user. In
fact, Squid will grab the file BEFORE deploy completely to the user
(assuming the backbone is faster than the user's connection);

OR

2) Squid will start getting the file, but only a little chunk and it
will WAIT for the user's ack. Then it will get another chunk, etc,
until the end of the file. In this scenario, Squid will get the file
from the Internet at the user's SPEED (since Squid will wait for the
user's acknowledges).

Which is the default behavior ? Is there any way to force scenario 1
or 2 ?

Best regards,
Mario de Castro