1st post

From: Mick Hanna <jmmmj@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2000 17:04:16 -0800

I have squid and apache runing on frontier.
I have 3 other win98 clients LAN connected called saturn, pluto and venus.
the apache server has my local intranet homepage on it.

what i wish to do is make the 3 client connect directly with the apache
server via squid and all other web requests to go out to the internet.

i use the never_direct directive as such:
acl mydomain dstdomain mydomain.net
never_direct deny mydomain.net
never_direct allow all

thing seem to be working but upon looking at the apache_access log, i see
that the requests from the local clients to the local apache server are
getting logged as comming from frontier (the server itself)
squid logs say the correct thing ie (coming from the clients ip addresses)
this makes it hard to impliment apache auth stuff.

if i edit the browsers bypass proxy for domain it logs correctly.
but if i could do this from squid it would be cleaner :)
any ideas