Re: Squid being parent and client

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2000 23:34:54 +0100

Alexandre Hautequest wrote:

> Greetings.
>
> I've tried all possible forms to get one of my web proxies be a client
> for my backbone and a parent for my network.

Parenting is by entirely done in the child caches.

In the one being a child cache you configure the parent cache as a
parent. Simple as that, and can be applied recursively at how many
levels you want.

Or are we talking two-way parenting here? If so see cache_peer_access,
neighbor_type_domain and perhaps never_direct (all depending on exacly
what you are trying to do).

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Squid hacker