Re: squid newbie

From: Kendall Lister <kendall@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2000 09:51:58 +1100 (EST)

On Wed, 1 Jan 1997, andu wrote:

> I have a box connected to the Internet via a modem and 3 other computers
> networked with it. I get a dynamic IP address from the ISP and the local
> network is 10.0.0.0.
> I tried the basic squid.conf from squid site but with it or the default one I
> can only connect the same box I run squid on using "localhost:3128" set in
> Netscape's proxy prefs. anything else denies access.

Have you looked at these lines in the default squid.conf:

# INSERT YOUR OWN RULE(S) HERE TO ALLOW ACCESS FROM YOUR CLIENTS
#
http_access deny all

All access is denied by default - that may be your problem.

--
 Kendall Lister, Systems Operator for Charon I.S. - kendall@charon.net.au
  Charon Information Services - Friendly, Cheap Melbourne ISP: 9589 7781