Squid is not cacheing.

From: Subba Rao <subb3@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2000 05:35:21 -0500

I have Squid up and running with the default config file (slightly modified).
Other machines on the network are connecting to squid to go out to the Internet.
It appears that the cacheing is not being done on the system. Each time I go to a
site there is lot of inbound traffic, suggesting that the whole page is being downloaded.
If a page is revisted, then it is reloaded from the browser's cache memory.

The log files and the cache directories do seem to have some information that indicate
something is being stored.

What tags should I use to make sure that the frequently visited sites are being cached?

Subba Rao
subb3@attglobal.net
http://pws.prserv.net/truemax/

 => Time is relative. Here is a new way to look at time. <=
http://www.smcinnovations.com