Async I/O

From: Nikos Chrysos <nchrysos@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2000 00:53:48 +0200 (EET)

I think i have the same problem with squid-2.3STABLE1
my response rate (i have my own clients..)
falls dramatically , especially when squid is deleting files
for example when i use 800MBytes disk cache when the cache-hit rate
should be 25%(this is what i offer) it falls to 18% with 8K average size
The servers get all the load...
I suppose this is not exactly a problem , but i think it is more
fair to have a proxy that returns error when it cannot handle requests..:)
Does squid without async , have any simular features?

Nick